MATCH checks out all the latest stories ahead of the European Championship taking place this summer!
PORTUGAL’S PRIZE TO LOSE…
Defending champions Portugal have got so much quality in their squad that winning back-to-back trophies looks a real possibility! MATCH investigates further…
THEY’RE GONNA WIN IT AGAIN!
- This could be Cristiano Ronaldo’s last-ever international tourno, so he’ll be pumped to go out on a bang!
- They followed up their Euro glory by winning the 2019 Nations League – they’ve got a taste for trophies!
- They’ve got ballers all over the pitch in Ruben Dias, Joao Cancelo, Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo Silva and Joao Felix!
- They were drawn in the Group Of Death alongside France and Germany. They won’t even make the knockouts!
- Les Bleues finished above them in the 2020-21 Nations League and Germany have won their last four v Portugal!
- Only one team in history has managed to retain the Euro Championship trophy – Spain!
Wolves fans will be cheering on Portugal this summer! Five of their stars were called up to the squad in November…
1 – Belgium are the top-ranked country in the world!
4 – Only Belgium, France and Brazil sit above England!
18 – The Dragons have sneaked into the current top 20!
30 – Serbia are the highest-ranked team NOT to qualify!
48 – Scotland only just make the most recent top 50!
65 – North Macedonia are the lowest-ranked side to qualify!