Anything Mbappe can do, ERLING HAALAND can too! Just one night after the France forward’s hat-trick in Spain, the Norway net-buster scored twice and got an assist against a helpless Sevilla side. What a machine!
STORY SO FAR!
- He started his career at hometown club Bryne FK in 2016, then played under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at Molde FK!
- He signed for Austrian club RB Salzburg in 2019 and became the first teen to score in five straight CL matches!
- Dortmund landed him in January 2020 and he’s been unstoppable, winning the 2020 Golden Boy prize!
- He loves the Champions League! He’s scored against all eight teams he’s faced in the competition!
- He reached ten Champo League goals for Dortmund quicker than any player for any other club ever!
- Only Robert Lewandowski can match the 18 CL goals he’s scored since the start of last season!
THE HUNT FOR HAALAND!
Transfer spies reckon Real Madrid are locked in a battle with four Premier League clubs to land Haaland for mega bucks this summer! We take a look at which English side he could be most likely to join…
- Thomas Tuchel has Giroud, Abraham and Werner currently on his books, but the France veteran could leave for free this summer, Tammy has underperformed and Werner likes drifting wide. Haaland would fit in nicely!
- After splashing the cash last summer and not seeing much improvement, we’d be surprised if Roman Abramovich sanctioned even more big-money moves later this year! What if Haaland struggles to settle like Kai Havertz?
- Edinson Cavani was just a short-term fix for a long-term problem –United need a new central striker and Solskjaer knows it! He worked with Haaland at Mole and their Norway links could be crucial in getting him to join!
- United couldn’t agree to sign Jadon Sancho from Dortmund, with the German club unimpressed with how the Prem side went about their business! Could United afford both Sancho and Haaland? And, if not, who would they prefer?
- It’s been four years since City last signed a striker – mainly due to Sergio Aguero’s form! The Argentina ace could leave for free this summer, meaning Pep Guardiola needs a new main man. Also, Erling’s dad used to play for City!
- City are currently locked in a top-secret battle with PSG to snap up Leo Messi on a free transfer! If they do sign the Barcelona baller, he’s gonna be on mind-boggling wages – and that might be the bulk of City’s spending this summer!
- As much as we love Roberto Firmino, he desperately lacks goals! Jurgen Klopp would be licking his lips at a front three of Salah, Mane and he might have the cash after The Reds chose not to sign anyone last summer!
- We’re not sure Liverpool could realistically sign Haaland without first having to sell one of either Mane of Salah! If that’s true, will Klopp agree to letting one of his favourite players leave to fund the deal? It’s a toughie!