MATCH checks out the biggest stars from the FA Women’s Super League!
Club: Man. United
- The defender-turned-midfielder had an interesting youth career, including training with Arsenal’s development academy and a four-month loan spell in Finland!
- On returning to England, she had spells at Coventry, Bristol City and Birmingham before signing for Man. United in June 2019! She won the club’s Player Of The Year award in their promotion-winning campaign!
- Ladd could’ve represented England or Wales, but eventually chose The Dragons! She won her first cap in 2011 and has since played 63 times for her nation!
- She’s really versatile and can play as either a centre-back or a defensive midfielder!
- As well as her great defensive awareness, she’s also got the technique and passing skills to pick out her team-mates!
- She’s not afraid to drive forward with the ball at her feet from deep, helping her side up the pitch!
1 – She scored the winner v Reading last December – her first-ever WSL goal for United!
14 – She played 14 times as United got promoted from WSL in 2019-20!
2 – She’s scored twice for Wales during her international career!
First up is helping United win their first-ever WSL title, but she’ll also be hopeful of getting a spot in the Team GB squad for the summer Olympics!