Argentina wing wizard Angel Di Maria loves using this epic stop-start 1 v 1 move to create space away from an opponent that’s to his side!
It’s perfect for busting out in wide areas if you’re looking to create space to cross the ball, or when moving across goal to have a shot. Learn more about the awesome skill below!
MATCH ACADEMY TIP!
Always use your furthest foot from the defender and upper body to protect the ball. When performing the High Wave, decelerate as you wave your foot over the ball to slow your opponent down before changing speed and accelerating away!
BALL MASTERY – SOLE HEEL ROLE
- Place the sole of your right foot on the ball.
- Now roll your foot forwards & backward from your sole to your heel.
- At the same time, hop on your standing leg (left).Repeat the action above using your left foot
1 V 1 MIRROR MOVES – HIGH WAVE
- Take a touch forward, slow down and wave your foot over the ball to make the defender think you’re going to step-on with your sole.
- Instead, bring your foot back behind the ball.
- Push the ball forward with the laces part of your foot and accelerate away. Then repeat with your opposite foot
1 V 1 MIRROR MOVES – THE STEP-ON
- Take a touch forward and then step-on the ball with the sole of your right foot.
- Move over the top of the ball and turn to your left.
- Take a touch forward with your left foot and accelerate away.Then repeat with your opposite foot