Busting out the epic Step-Over Scissors skill can help you create space to the left or right of an opponent who’s either in front or behind you in a 1 v 1 situation.
It’s a top-quality skill that James Rodriguez loves to do. Learn how to do it below!
MATCH ACADEMY TIP!
Keep your head up so you can see your team-mates, opponents and space. Travel slightly away from the area you want to move into to move your opponent and create more space. Then accelerate away with a fast touch and use your furthest foot from the defender to protect the ball!
BALL MASTERY – DOUBLE OUTSIDE CUT STEP-OVER
- Tap the ball twice to your right with the outside of your right foot and step around the ball with the inside of your left foot.
- Tap the ball twice to your left with the outside of your left foot and step around the ball with the inside of your right foot.
- Repeat the sequence, start slowly and gradually speed up making sure to have eyes-up while on the move.
1 V 1 MIRROR MOVES – THE STEP-OVER
- Step around the front of the ball with the inside of your foot.
- As your foot touches the ground, use the outside of the same foot to push the ball away.
- Now accelerate away in the opposite direction.
1 V 1 MIRROR MOVES – THE STEP-OVER SCISSORS!
- Step around the front of the ball with the inside of your foot (Step-Over).
- As your foot touches the ground, use the outside of the same foot to step back around the ball (Scissors).
- Use the outside of your opposite foot to push the ball in the opposite direction and accelerate away.